Although I haven’t yet taken the full three hours required for the Your Best Year Yet update (still working through question nine: “what are my top ten goals for the next year?”), I’m still working through a daily list of the things I’ve challenged myself to do.
Over the past two weeks (the first two weeks of the year), I would score myself the following over a couple of categories:
- Health + fitness: 6 out of 10 (I can improve my diet, but I’ve met almost all my daily goals set around exercise)
- Savings: 7 out of 10 (I have been a little distracted with the supermarket near work, but I’ve met one particular goal of savings each day and I killed my LinkedIn subscription which I know was no particular use at this stage… so this little amount is going straight into my savings)
- Learning + Practice: 7 out of 10 (I haven’t met my book-a-week goal, but slowly pacing myself through one text; I am reading my magazine subscription each day so that I can get through that; and I am making sure to write almost every day)
- Work: 6 out of 10 (no comment… *moop*)
- Discipline: 4 out of 10 (come on, Narina…)
- Family: 5 out of 10 (need to do more here and avoid the short fuses from the lack of sleep and not being prepared for the enormity of the tasks which lie ahead… pull your finger out, Narina!)
- Experience: 9 out of 10 (I would say I’m definitely trying new things and there’s more new to come; discipline and exercise are new experiences themselves; a triathlon challenge for someone who can’t swim? insane!)
- Admin: 5 out of 10 (lots of work to do here; container, old diaries, wardrobe… the only thing we’ve done this year is shoes… oh and unsubscribe to a whole heap of mailing lists I didn’t have time to read)
Let’s see what the scores look like in two weeks at the end of January.